Friday, October 3, 2008

Being Emphatic

I been thinking lately about the being emphatic. I am quite disgusted with myself and the boringness(yes, I know this isn't a word, but that's what this post is all about) that my language has become. I have recently been thinking about how to be more emphatic without being boring. I was reading a post at Amy's Humble Musings and got distracted with how I would comment. In order to be emphatic without saying "really" or "quite" I thought how about toe stubbing hard. That is very descriptive, right?! Peter "edited" my recent post about Hiding and Seeking. His constructive criticism was the same as Mr. Witcoff's in 7th grade, "elaaboorate" (with wild eyes and hair, Mr. Witcoff not Peter). He was extremely good at getting his point across! I tend to get straight to the point without alot of fluff. It is not on purpose, I just have so many thoughts circling around in my head, not unlike those penny donations recepticles at malls. They go around and around and I am sure that they will go down the hole if I don't put it on paper quickly.

So all this is to "put it out there" that I am going to try to be more descriptive and bring the points I have to fruition with details and fluff included. I mean I like fluffy things, like fuzzy inside UGG boots.

An here is Esther's first "real" food. (why is this gruel called food? It's totally blech, I mean look at her face.)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Esther has such a sweet face! Even when she's got that "what is that" expression going on. I love that bib, too! That's some good coverage.

You know, after a short period of dealing with pureed baby food, I pretty much just quit until Aurelia could handle cooked peas and carrots. So much easier!! She loves feeding herself at the dinner table now. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Congratulations on blogging. It seems like you have a lot to say. I'll be checking back regularly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and here is a link to some nice info on the financial crisis (sorry to be off-topic)
http://meganmcardle.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/how_did_it_all_happen.php