Friday, January 9, 2009

The tiredest I've ever been

Okay maybe not.  But I sure am close.  I suppose it was when Micah was 8 months old and had not slept through the night yet.  If anybody saw my eyes, or rather the gigantic, black bags under my eyes they would be horrified. 

Peter is in the Middle East right now.  He is on his way to Lebanon as I write this.  He left Turkey about an hour ago.  The boys definitely miss him, but I miss him more.  I hope he stays safe, but according to him he should be safe.  Why, you ask?  Well, because he is with Manfred.  Somehow the bombs will be bouncing off Manfred.   I am underwhelmed with the decision of them to give money to Lebanon just by going there.  

Anyway, Peter will be home in about two weeks.  We are managing just fine.  Though I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend.  I will be able to sleep when needed.  Having Peter gone with a baby is a lot harder here.  In Oregon I had the indoor park to go to.  It just helped to be able to go somewhere, talk mom talk and kinda veg where the baby was safe.  Esther is into everything all the time, which is normal but quite hard when exhausted.  The most surprising part so far was when someone asked when my mom was coming to help.  I was actually mature and said "she's busy with her own life, we will be okay on our own."  I love my mom and would love to have her here, but I don't expect her to come bail me out.  

It's been interesting to see how the boys have reacted to Peter being gone.  They have been doing role playing with Abraham being the dad.  Samuel has related Peter's being gone to his best friend's absence from school.  Esther hasn't noticed that much, but she hasn't learned permanence completely yet.  Reveille really misses Peter, but that isn't surprising is it?

4 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know how you manage alone! I feel like such a wuss after reading this. Jon is going to be in Florida for 2 1/2 weeks next month, and I'm already wondering how I'm going to survive! (And my mom IS coming up to help, for one week anyway...of course, she loves any excuse to see Aurelia and she really enjoys the rest she gets when she visits).

Hugs sent your way, Ruth! I'd send you coffee too, but I don't know if you like it and it would probably be cold by the time it got there.

Kathy Price said...

Ruth,
I wanted to ask you this morning at church but didn't see you, could Micah come over for a playdate this week? Tuesday would be good for us. Please let us know if you need anything while Peter is gone!
Kathy

Ruth said...

@Megan--Believe it or not in some ways having more than one is easier. Abraham kinda watched Esther for a few minutes yesterday while I kinda passed out.


@Kathy--I'm sure Micah would love it. We had to go grocery shopping and my energy was quickly evaporating. What time would be good?

Elspeth said...

I can't imagne juggling all you do alone. We all get tired sometimes. Stay encouraged.

Oh, and your baby girl- gorgeous!!